Altuğ is a legal and compliance professional with more than 19 years of experience. He started his career as a practicing lawyer at Özgun law firm and then continued as an in-house counsel in multinational organizations. He served as Legal Counsel and a Board member in Eastpharma (Deva Holding), then switched from pharma to medical devices in Beckman Coulter (a Danaher company), where he worked as Legal & Compliance Manager.
Altuğ continued his career as Head of Legal & Compliance at Sandoz (a Novartis division), where he focused primarily on legal department management, building, and fostering the ethical culture and compliance program. Later he decided to concentrate more on compliance and worked as an Ethics & Compliance Director in Astellas Pharma. After a long and solid in-house experience, Altuğ accepted this new challenge to work in a dynamic and client-focused environment and in the legal sector to level the playing field for ethics and compliance. He believes the future of legal and compliance services depends on meeting the changing needs of clients, so his motto is “I’ve been there that is why I am here now”.
His practice focuses on third-party risk management, internal investigations, labour law, healthcare regulations, anti-corruption law, white-collar crime, litigation, data privacy law, compliance, and competition law matters. He is a graduate of Marmara University and attended classes in an LL.M. program from Marmara University European Union Law Institute. He is a member of the Istanbul Bar Association and a board member of the Ethics & Reputation Society, where he also lectures Turkey’s first and only "Ethics and Compliance Manager Certificate Program" for the seventh time, targeted at professionals from the Turkish business network.
- Representing global pharma company for their Turkey and Middle-east monitoring plan
- Advising a global healthcare company for their healthcare compliance audit remediation actions
- Advising a Turkish energy conglomerate for their Eurobonds public offering process
- Advising a Turkish construction giant for their compliance program set-up from scratch targeted to Turkish and
- Advising a retail multinational company for their Turkish operation
- Representing a global multinational for their Data Privacy mock audit regarding the Turkish operation
- Advising global tourism group for their internal investigation of misconduct in the Turkish region
- Advised a global pharma company for their GDPR privacy impact assessment in MENASSA and South Africa, Risk assessment exercise of the Turkish Affiliate under FCPA and UK Bribery Act
- Advised a global pharma company for effective labor law litigation by reducing the number of cases by 50% in 1.5 years and savings from litigation expenses. Awarded for the best compliance initiative in the CEE region for compliance communication projects
- Advised global medical device company for FCPA, UK Bribery Act training, monitoring of third parties in Turkey and Azerbaijan, Effective screening of third parties and sub-third parties
- Represented a Turkish conglomerate in front of the Securities Exchange Commission of the United States, took an active role in M&A projects for the acquisition of local targets, asset buying of projects, and Acted as a project member in the IPO of the London Stock Exchange
- Regulated Markets
- Employment Law
- Internal Investigations
- Privacy & Data Privacy
- Marmara University, LL.B. 2003