The Presidential Decrees (the “Decrees”) regarding the increases in particular government fees and taxes have been published in the Official Gazette No. 32241 and dated 7 July 2023. You can read the Decrees here (available in Turkish only).
What Has Changed?
The amounts of fixed government fees and rates of value-added taxes (“VAT”) have been increased pursuant to the Decrees. Accordingly:
- The amounts of fixed fees applicable for 2023 in accordance with the Fees Act numbered 492 have been increased by 50%, with the exception of the driving license fees. This implies that the amounts of following fees have been subject to a 50% increase:
- All fixed judicial fees (including court fees, execution proceedings fees, bankruptcy proceedings fees, and trade registry fees),
- All fixed notary fees,
- All fixed land registry transaction fees,
- All fixed concession and license fees,
- All fixed patent and trademark fees.
This increase is effective as of July 8, 2023.
- The VAT rate on goods and services has been raised from 8% and 18% to 10% and 20%, respectively. This increase is effective as of July 10, 2023.